In a few hours, at about 5:45am, Patti and I will leave our motel here in Phoenix, Arizona, and drive very slowly to the Mayo Clinic where Patti will check-in for her ‘procedure’ to treat her Barrett’s Esophagus (pre-cancerous) Condition. Patti’s official check-in time is 6:30am and we plan to be at least 20 minutes early. I will not be able to even enter the building with Patti. As I write this post, I plan to return to our motel, as opposed to sitting in our truck out in the parking lot because of the possibility of it becoming very hot (it was 107F the other day). But, I may very well stick-it-out and remain on the Mayo Clinic Campus.
After the ‘procedure’ is complete, we will return to our motel where Patti can relax / rest for the balance of the day. If all goes well, and Patti feels up-to-it, we plan to drive back to Kingman, Arizona, tomorrow morning (Saturday May 2nd) leaving in the cool of the very early morning.
We’ve had this appointment on our calendar for three months. It will be good when today’s procedure is completed. A third (and we hope final) appointment awaits us on / about August 1st.
We’ll call it a wrap for now.
Cap and Patti
- APR 29, 20 .. Part 2 of 2 .. WE ARE IN PHOENIX, ARIZONA
- MAY 1, 20 .. Part 2 of 3 .. FRIDAY MAY 1st .. PROCEDURE DAY AT MAYO CLINIC FOR PATTI